Our tactile indicators are a new generation solution for instant, durable and aesthetically pleasing tactile ground surface indicators. Our ground-breaking Peel, Bond & Walk technology is state-of-the-art in its design and easy and simple to install, giving it an immediate practical appeal and extensive usage possibilities. This unique product blends style and versatility within a system that is modular, flexible and extremely cost-effective.
Our tactiles fully comply with Australian Standards (AS/NZS 1428.4.1:2009). They have been tested by the CSIRO and given a slip resistance rating of R11. Our tactile indicators were approved in 2005 for use by VicRoads as part of its DDA Compliance Works Program for the declared road network throughout the State of Victoria.
These tactile indicator tiles are a versatile and flexible product, suited for use both indoors and outdoors, on heavy-use footpaths, commercial car parks, shopping centres and more. They offer not only a physical indicator to blind pedestrians but also a visual one for those who have low-vision or failing sight. For this reason they come in a variety of colour options, to ensure that they will create a visual contrast no matter what existing colour scheme you’re working with.
Tactile indicators can be used to warn the vision impaired of:
- Pedestrian crossings
- The top and bottom of ramps and stairways
- Hazards where falls have a high risk of occurring, such as train stations, car park exits and driveways
Different surfaces are used for different indicators, with studs being used for safety warnings and strips being used for directions. The peel and stick function allows them to be used in a wider variety of spaces than other options, as long as the surface is flat and clean. The installation process is also simplified this way, compared to alternatives like stainless steel tactile indicators which require a more involved process.
- Proudly owned and manufactured in Australia
- Manufactured using Bayer “Desmopan” High-Tech Polyurethane
- Lead free and resistant to Ultraviolet(UV) light
- Tactiles are produced as 300mm x 300mm squares
- Extremely durable, full 10 year fair wear & tear tile Guarantee
- Compliant with new Australian public access standards
- Install anywhere, anytime — in no time!
- A more cost effective solution
- Versatile and Flexible
- Different surfaces are available for different indications:
- Studs (warning)
- Strips (directional)
Shapes and Sizes
Our Tactiles are square and “Self Adhesive”, making them modular and able to be combined in endless configurations. The default size is 300mm x 300mm.
The unique formulation of these tiles makes them easy to cut accurately into the shapes required by unusual ground layouts and features.
Our tactile indicators include:
- Warning Tactiles are certified and classified as:
- Type B, dots, dimples, hazard and raised domes
- Directional Tactiles are certified and classified as:
- Type C, strips, dashes and stripes
Our tactile indicators are available in a range of standard and widely used colours. Please note: Ivory and light grey colours have been discontinued.