Toolbox is a hybrid moisture curing adhesive and sealant with high green strength for use in a wide variety of critical adhesive and sealing applications. Toolbox cures to form a tough, water resistant seal and will adhere to a wide range of substrates. Its versatility means it can replace most water based and solvent based construction adhesives, polyurethane adhesive and sealants as well as silicones in construction, marine, transport and industrial assembly applications.
- Primerless adhesion to wide range of surfaces
- Paintable with most water based paints (Refer painting for alternative systems)
- Resistant to salt and chlorinated water
- Interior / exterior – High UV resistance
- Heat resistant to 100°C.
- Rapid skinning and curing
- High hardness Shore A: 55±5. Increased vandal resistance compared to typical
- Construction joint sealants with low hardness Shore A values.
- Solvent and isocyanate free
- Trafficable sealant
- High bond strength – suited to Professional and DIY, construction, marine and automotive environments.
- No staining of natural stone, blue stone, granite
- Mould resistant
- Safe on mirrors, except PE backed mirrors
- Sealing lap joints in box guttering
- Sealing air-conditioning ducts
- Adhesive for fixing wall panels to studs, floor boards to joists
- Refixing loose ceramic tiles
- Multiple high performance bonding and sealing applications in transport
- Applications – trains, buses, special purpose vehicles, caravans, 4 wheel drive trailers etc.
- Adhering and sealing acrylic/ABS shower units
- Adhering end-caps to retaining walls
- Sealing gaps and expansion joints in concrete, brick, mortar, metal and stonework
- Toolbox meets the requirements of LEED Certification: Indoor Environmental Quality
- Credit 4.1 (Low-Emitting Materials: Adhesives and Sealants). See MSDS for VOC value.
420g cartridge will give approximately 15 lineal metres of a 5mm bead.
Product Application – Adhesive
Cut tip off cartridge. Angle cut nozzle to desired size. Screw nozzle onto cartridge. Apply product to one surface to be bonded. Before product skins, mate with other surface. When bonding a sheet or panel to a large, flat surface, apply 5mm diameter beads every 30- 40cm along the entire length. Press into position and brace until set.
Any flooring application must be fully bonded, that is a full layer of adhesive over entire area (spot gluing or bead application is not recommended).
Temporary or mechanical fixing may be required depending upon substrates. Bond will develop dependent upon thickness of adhesive and ambient conditions. Higher humidity and warmer temperatures will hasten bond development. Minimum width for bonding application is approx 1mm.